Sunday, May 27, 2007

Year 8 End-of-Year Test Revision

Test will be in week beginning 11th june

Lots of people have asked so, help with bodmas HERE a nice video you can watch, also goes on further into other number stuff, worth watching the whole thing!

Mr Allan's Revision tips!

1) do questions! maths is about practice, if you aint doing questions to practice, you aint revising properly!

2) do no more than 30mins in one go without a break. So if you want to do an hours revision, do 30mins, have a break, then do another 30mins. Your brain starts losing track after 30mins solid.


Take my quick revision test here!!

(thank you to whoever it was that pointed out the error to me,which I've fixed now, you didn't leave your name, so if you own up to me who you are & confirm which error you pointed out I will give you a prize!)

Miss Caven's revision test here
(flasher than mine because she's better at powerpoint!)

List of Revision Topics in no particular order. More links to come soon (if you have any good ones please post them up)

This list is not exhaustive

Number

Algebra

Shape, Space and Measure

Data Handling

Reckon you know your stuff? Try these then (they mark your answers for you)
Set 1
5-7 paper 1 (non-calc)
5-7 paper 2 (calc)

Set 2, but if you're in set 1 you might as well try it
4-6 paper 1 (non-calc)
4-6 paper 2 (calc)

My Test Revision Sheet Questions
(will appear here)

and here's the answers


Labels:

20 Comments:

At July 04, 2006 6:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do we have 2 revise distance/time graphs too???

 
At July 04, 2006 8:06 pm, Anonymous adrian barton said...

Thanks mr allan good and helpful website THANKS!!
from adrian barton

 
At July 04, 2006 8:14 pm, Blogger Mr Allan said...

Distance time graph may wel come up so best revise them too!!!

Mr A

 
At July 05, 2006 11:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

probably to late but is there anything to do with adding and subtracting? fractions thanks.

 
At July 05, 2006 5:28 pm, Blogger Mr Allan said...

it is leaving it quite late!!! but
this seems to be a good site

 
At July 05, 2006 5:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks sir, its much cleaer now. Luckily it did not come up in my first test!

 
At July 05, 2006 5:57 pm, Blogger Mr Allan said...

no worries, but please leave your name with posts, I lke to know who's sending me a message!!

and also who is doing their revision!

 
At June 10, 2007 7:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

could you help my out with BODMAS and also simultsneous equations

 
At October 04, 2007 7:05 am, Blogger mr fong said...

Hi this is a good blog.I think there is a small problem with the answer for the 2nd ppt,the (5-3)^2. My humble views.
Good luck!

 
At May 10, 2008 2:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I don't actually go to your school Mr. Allan (I live up north in freezing Cumbria!) but I found your blog whilst desperately trawling the internet for a GOOD revision site- and it's fantastic! I wish we had this at our school.
Thank you.

 
At May 18, 2008 3:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, i don't go to your school either but i was looking for a site to help with fractions (they'll be the death of me) but your site really helped! thanks.

 
At February 22, 2009 6:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across this blog on google when i was doing revision for my math test. It's very useful! Thank u!

 
At May 06, 2009 8:22 pm, Blogger Aidan said...

Thanks, this is really helping me with my Maths Revistion and I am not good at revising. But this is really helping me!

Thanks,
Aidan - Arden School and Language College.

 
At May 26, 2009 3:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I dont g to your school but thanks for the helpful revision site!! Wish I had you at my school!!

 
At June 08, 2009 7:11 pm, Anonymous Tina P said...

I'm not from your school but i think this whole concept is great and enjoyed the tests as revision for my end of year 8 test!! thank you

 
At June 18, 2009 12:03 pm, Anonymous RM said...

it saved my time, as a maths teacher it was really handy for me. Thanks,
RM, Chigwell

 
At November 07, 2009 1:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it helpful thanks

 
At February 26, 2010 8:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this its really helpful

 
At March 25, 2010 6:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanx soooo much ! it really helped with revision!

 
At April 14, 2010 5:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much because i finally found a site which actually helps. thsi for a I.C.A.S exam. I HOPE I GET EXCELLENT MARKS!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Who links to me?